Advice for Educating the Muslim Children – Umm ‘Abdillaah al-Waadi’iyyah – Hasan as-Sumaalee [Audio|En]
Translated and Narrated By Abu ‘Abdullaah Hasan as-Sumaalee hafidhahullaah
The first advice from the book entitled ‘Naseehatee lin-Nisaa’ (My Advice to the Women), authored by Umm ‘Abdillaah al-Waadi’iyyah, the daughter of the late Imaam of Yemen, al-‘Allaamah Muqbil Ibn Haadee al-Waadi’ee -rahimahullaah- An introduction to some of the primary responsibilities of the husband and the wife in an Islaamic marriage, followed by twenty-one points with proofs and evidences from the Qur’aan and authentic sunnah on the topic of raising children
Click the below link to read some notes about the lecture & to listen/download the mp3
The first advice from the book entitled ‘Naseehatee lin-Nisaa’ (My Advice to the Women), authored by Umm ‘Abdillaah al-Waadi’iyyah, the daughter of the late Imaam of Yemen, al-‘Allaamah Muqbil Ibn Haadee al-Waadi’ee -rahimahullaah- Umm ‘Abdillaah is from those who are grounded in Islaamic knowledge as her noble father has mentioned.
Who is Umm ’Abdillaah al-Waadi’iyyah?
Stated al-’Allaamah Muqbil Ibn Haadee al-Waadi’ee – rahimahullaah – concerning his daughter – Umm ’Abdillaah al-Waadi’iyyah, “She has benefited (mustafeedah) and is a strong researcher. She has writings, from them: Naseehatee lin-Nisaa‘ [published], al-Jaami’us-Saheeh fil-’Ilm wa Fadlihi [to be published] and al-Jaami’us-Saheeh fish-Shamaa‘ilil-Muhammadiyyah [published]. Indeed, many of her sisters for the sake of Allaah have benefited from her. So she has taught them, at-Tawheed, Sifatus-Salaatin-Nabee of al-Albaanee, at-Tuhfatus-Sanniyyah and al-Baa’ithul-Hatheeth. Indeed, they have benefited and some from amongst them have become benefited researchers of the books of Sunnah. May Allaah grant us and them steadfastness upon the truth. Indeed, He is capable of everything.” Taken from Tarjumah Abee ’Abdur-Rahmaan (p. 52) of Imaam Muqbil Ibn Haadee.
The first lecture from the 8 tape set is focused upon the etiquettes of raising children. Allaah, the glorified and exalted said,
O you who believe! Ward off from yourselves and your families a Fire (Hell) whose fuel is men and stones, over which are (appointed) angels stern (and) severe, who disobey not, (from executing) the Commands they receive from Allaah, but do that which they are commanded. [Suratut-Tahrim: 66:6]
After introducing some of the primary responsibilities of the husband and the wife in an Islaamic marriage, the noble sister explains twenty-one points with proofs and evidences from the Qur’aan and authentic sunnah on the topic of raising children:
1. To teach the child, ‘Where is Allaah?’
2. Instructing the child to eat with his/her right-hand.
3. Teaching the child not to blow on hot food/drink.
4. Instruct the child by age 1-1½ to mention ‘bismillah’ upon eating/drinking.
5. To teach the child the pillars of Islaam and eemaan.
6. To teach the child the rulings of wudhoo.
7. Eat with your right hand and eat which is near to you.
8. Get them accustomed with good and command them with salaat at 7yrs of age.
9. Arrange their beds separately when they are 10yrs of age.
10. Accustom them with fasting.
11. Teach your child the correct ‘aqeedah.
12. Advice your child with that with Luqmaan advised his child.
13. To seek permission to enter a house or a room.
14. Teach them the matters which are forbidden that they main abstain from them.
15. Explaining the meaning of an aayah or hadeeth that is being related of them.
16. Connect their hearts to Allaah.
17. Give concern to the memorisation of the Qur’aan.
18. Do not leave your children to mix with foolish children.
19. Do not leave your child outside in the evening.
20. Do not leave the child to play alone (always) and do not make learning boring.
21. Make your child sit with those who are righteous.