Category Archives: Diseases of the heart
10 Ways to Escape the Envy of the Envious Person – from the works of Imam Ibnul-Qayyim(rahimahullaah) – relayed by Abu ‘Abdillaah Hassan as-Somali (hafidhahullaah)
Bismillaah Al-Hamdulillaah wa salatu wa salaamu ‘ala rasulullaah
10 Ways to Escape the Envy of the Envious Person
From the works of Imam Ibnul-Qayyim(rahimahullaah),
Relayed by Abu ‘Abdillaah Hassan as-Somali (hafidhahullaah)
– No doubt, the envier (haasid) can harm the one whom he envies.
– Soorat al-Falaaq comprises seeking refuge in Allaah from every evil in this world!
– If you fear Allaah, their plots and plans will never harm you.
– The harm of the haasid will eventually come back to strike him.
– Imam Maalik (rahimahullaah) said: “Whatever is done for Allaah, it will remain. Whatever is not will perish.”
– Rectification starts with the person himself, then his family, and so forth; not as the khawaarij do by blaming the Muslim rulers for their own errors and sins.
– Giving sadaqah has a great effect in repelling the evil eye (al-’ayn); it’s very rare that someone who is a MuHsin and gives sadaqah, sacrificing for the sake of Allaah ‘Azza wa Jall, it’s rare that this type of person is affected in this way.
– If you fear Allaah, Allaah will make the creation fear you.
The 10 Ways – point-by-point – to escape the envy of the envious person:
1- Seeking refuge in Allaah from the evil of the haasid (the envious one).
2- Fearing Allaah, Subhanahu wa Ta’aala.
3- Being patient when dealing with this enemy, and not wasting time via confronting him or arguing with him.
4- Tawakkul (relying on Allaah).
5- Don’t even allow your heart to become occuppied with the envier’s foolishness, and try your best to erase it from your thoughts.
6- Turning to Allaah and being sincere to Allaah, and making the love of seeking Allaah’s Pleasure and repenting to Allaah one’s main primary concern.
7- Repenting to Allaah for sins which allowed the enemy to gain asendancy over him; no one is given the ability to overpower a slave except due to that’s slave’s sins (sins he knows of and the sins he may not know of).
8- Giving sadaqah and treating others well.
9- Repelling the evil with good – and this is from the most difficult upon the soul.
10- Implementing and actualizing Tawheed, which in reality encompasses everything that has preceded, and it revolves around it. And for one to actualize Tawheed, he must learn it. One should learn Tawheed and the right of Allaah upon His slaves.
For the proofs and details, Maa-sha`Allaah, listen to the highly beneficial audio @ http://wp.me/p2sNCV-2EO
Post Courtesy: Maher ibn Ahmad Attiyeh al-Maqdisi via SalafisOfFlorida mailing list